st: RE: delimit

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: delimit
Date   Tue, 26 Apr 2005 22:54:29 +0100

I don't think the idea of setting the delimiter to ; permanently makes
much sense. You can do it whenever you want within your own do and
ado files, but that is irrelevant to interactive sessions. If you
_could_ do this, it would at a stroke render .do and .ado
files written otherwise illegal, and you really shouldn't want
that to happen.

Otherwise put, a way to do this would be to clone Stata
yourself and change the syntax to make the ; obligatory.

You could put -set more off- in a I wouldn't
recommend it.

Khan, Nasreen