RE: st: areg question

From   "FEIVESON, ALAN H. (AL) (JSC-SK) (NASA)" <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   RE: st: areg question
Date   Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:35:04 -0500

Using -araeg- attempts to model cluster effects by a constant offset for
each group. There may be further correlation within clusters even after a
mean level adjustment. If so, using the cluster option would still be

AL Feiveson

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Mark Schaffer
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 4:51 AM
Subject: Re: st: areg question

It's not a problem, and is in fact a recommendation originally
offered by Arellano (1987).  Wooldridge's 2002 book discusses it (I
don't have it handy or I would look up the page ref).

You do need to be sure that you have enough clusters for the
asymptotics to be plausible, but this is a general issue with cluster-
robust and not specific to fixed effects models.

Hope this helps.