st: RE: RE: rmedian

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: rmedian
Date   Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:59:16 +0100

In addition, this problem is discussed within

Incidentally, it is a rather strong assumption that
programmers will give a program the name you think
it should have. The name -rmedian()- was ruled
out at the time -rmed()- was first written because
the program name _grmedian.ado was not
compatible with the 8.3 filename.ext limit
imposed by DOS and (if I recall correctly) Windows 3.1.

-findit row median- finds more than -findit rmedian-.

Scott Merryman
> Take a look at Stas Kolenikov's _grmedf or Nick Cox's _grmed, part of
> -egenodd-.  -findit rmedf- or -findit rmed- to locate and download.

John Taffe