st: RE: Multiple responses on plot level data

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Multiple responses on plot level data
Date   Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:30:33 +0100

I am not clear whether you regard
measure choice as a predictor or a response.
And in any case I can imagine
situations in which both views are reasonable.
Soil erosion loss could depend on
conservation measures, which choice of conservation
measures might depend on many things.

If it were the latter, I think it is up to you how you define
a composite response. Nor is it clear to me that
you need do that. If this were my problem
I would look at

(a) logit models for the individual responses

and

(b) a multinomial logit for the 8 possible choices of
	fert[iliser?]
	man[ure?]
and	fanyaju[???].

If conservation measures are predictors, you would
need to look not just at dummies but also at interactions.

Ronnie Babigumira