re: Re: st: intracluster correlation coefficient (ICC)

From   David Airey <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re: Re: st: intracluster correlation coefficient (ICC)
Date   Wed, 20 Apr 2005 23:40:42 -0500

Joseph Coveney said:

-findit intraclass- brings up -loneway-, if that's what you're looking for.

A few years ago, I adapted Robert M. Hamer's SAS macro that provided for all of
the intraclass correlation coefficients (and their confidence intervals)
described in P. E. Shrout and J. L. Fleiss, Intraclass correlations: Uses in
assessing rater reliability. _Psychological Bulletin_ 86:420-428, 1979. It
worked for balanced datasets (it called -anova-) for all of the various ICCs,
and for unbalanced datasets (it called -xtreg-) one type of ICC. StataCorp's
rewrite of -anova- a while back broke it for some reason that I wasn't able to
uncover. Datasets in practice are rarely nicely balanced, so there hasn't been
much incentive to fix it.

When -xtmixed- is available, I plan go back and re-work it, and add the
additional ICCs described in K. O. McGraw and S. P. Wong, Forming inferences
about some intraclass correlation coefficients. _Psychological Methods_ 1:30-
46, 1996.
That would be great! It might make a good SJ article or note. I remember one thread on ICC in this list:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2003-10/msg00804.html

-Dave

*
* For searches and help try: