RE: st: switching regression and endogenous variables in mlogit

From   "Yatawara, Ravi" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: switching regression and endogenous variables in mlogit
Date   Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:02:22 -0400

Hi  Richard and Mary,
Sorry I was not in the office till now- thanks for the feedback. I shall
try to execute your suggestions.
My dependent variable is a  trade policy variable.
My baseline estimation uses the Tariff LEVEL as the dependent variable-
which is a CONTINUOUS variable.
The Stabilization variable is indeed DICHOTOMOUS and equals 1 for the
year a program was implemented, zero otherwise.

Regarding the tariff level - I also have an alternative measure of
tariff policy- which is a variable that reflects regimes changes- so for
every  country  year  0= status quo (no change), 1 switch of tariff
regime to more liberalization , 2= switch to a tariff regime that is
more protectionist.
Hence my inquiry  about mlogit with endogenous dummy.

any  feedback is appreciated.