Re: st: New -estadd_plus- package and update to -estout- on SSC

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: New -estadd_plus- package and update to -estout- on SSC
Date   Fri, 15 Apr 2005 06:40:23 -0500

At 09:12 AM 4/15/2005 +0200, Jann, Ben wrote:
-estadd_plus- is intended to grow over time.
Contributions by other users are highly welcome!
Feel free to send me your -estadd- subroutines. I
will be happy to add them to the -estadd_plus-
package. Please also provide a short title line
and a description of the subroutine to appear in
-estadd_plus- help file.
Jann, this looks very useful. One thing that occurs to me is that users might want to write their publicly shared -ado- files with -estadd- compatibility in mind, i.e. return results in a format that would make it easy to write an -estadd- routine for. For example (and definitely not the best example!) I could probably rewrite my -pcorr2- routine to return the partial and semipartial correlation coefficients in r() in addition to just printing them out.

I haven't looked carefully through your documentation, but it if doesn't exist already perhaps you could have some instructions on how a program needs to return results to make it easily compatible, e.g. how do the rows and columns need to be named? I imagine -vif- would have been easier to add if it returned its results in a matrix rather than as a bunch of scalars and macros.

Programmers who do that could send you contributions to estadd_plus or they could even include estadd_plus routines with their programs.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu