Re: st: -stylerules- updated on SSC

Subject   Re: st: -stylerules- updated on SSC
Date   Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:56:36 -0500

At 08:40 AM 4/14/2005 -0400, Michael Blasnik wrote:
I just wanted to follow up to say that the rough estimate I provided of 10 -if `touse'- = 1 -preserve-/-restore- can be far off depending on the proportion of values selected by the if statement and the relative width vs. length of the dataset. The time required
Thanks Michael and others. I'm working with a dataset of a few thousand cases and I can't tell any difference whether I preserve or not. But, suppose you had some monstrous data set - how much time would the preserve/restore options take? Are we talking 5 seconds here, 5 minutes, or what?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]