Re: st: Structural equations, latent variables and path analysis

From   "shyamalshyamalshyamal" <>
Subject   Re: st: Structural equations, latent variables and path analysis
Date   Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:43:18 -0000

I feel IV method for SEM is much easier than some other methods. I
have a quick question though. After I run 2SLS for non-recursive
model, what happens if the coefficients are non-significant? Do I
have to remove the non-significant variable(s), and then start
reestimating the regression from the beginning? Or, the non-
significance paths do not matter in this case?

I would appreciate if someone explains the steps of doing 2SLS to
estimate paths; also, please include your feedback on non-significant
paths as well.