st: RE: reshape efficiency help

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: reshape efficiency help
Date   Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:18:53 +0100

As always, the _exact_ code you are using
is instructive. But this does indeed sound
like a single step:

reshape long inc ed , i(id) j(year)

There is a similar example in the on-line help.

Also, this FAQ

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/reshape3.html

offers further commentary.

Jonathan A. Schwabish