st: RE: foreach and globals and {.}

From   "David Harrison" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: foreach and globals and {.}
Date   Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:11:47 +0100

foreach x of global out_`year' {
}

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans J. Baumgartner [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 11 April 2005 10:56
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: foreach and globals and {.}

Dear statalist,

has anybody an idea how to solve the following problem?

foreach x in ${out_`year�} {
	do something
}

That is: I have several globals and I need the braces to tell Stata that
the local `year� actually belongs to the global name.

Now I would like to run a loop over all elements in the global
${out_`year�}.

But the foreach command gets puzzled with the braces around the global,
since it thinks that this means to start the loop. And this returns an
error that a code follows on the same line as open braces.

How can I separate these braces?

Thanks
Hans

--