st: sequential file conversion possible ?

From   "Katsuhide Isa" <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: sequential file conversion possible ?
Date   Thu, 07 Apr 2005 22:12:28 +0900

Dear Statalisters,

I have multiple (more than 20) Excel-format files, named like
mat1983.xls, mat1984.xls etc.
And I'd like to convert them into Stata-format ones using
StatTransfer. But it is tedious to do so one by one.
So, I wonder if it is possible to convert them sequentially
and automatically from within Stata (using a script file
if necessary).
# I'm having StatTransfer 7 at hand.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.