Re: st: Stata 9 announcement

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 9 announcement
Date   Wed, 06 Apr 2005 15:00:06 -0500

Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]> wrote:

> Sometimes I accidentelly save a changed dataset under the same name as the
> orignial dataset. This happens if I accidently hit "Ctrl S" in Stata, which
> causes Stata to execute the command -save, replace-. I have once asked

On the Mac and Unix GUI, there is an option to always overwrite existing
datasets when selecting File > Save or when using the keyboard shortcut.  It
sounds like you have the option enabled.  Open the General Preferences dialog,
look for the "Overwriting existing data when saving" checkbox and uncheck it.

In Windows, Stata always prompts you before overwriting; there is no option to
always overwrite.  We'll eventually make all three platforms behave the same
way.  Add the overwrite option to Windows, and prompt the user when the
overwrite option is disabled on all platforms.

-Chinh Nguyen