Re: st: Stata 9 announcement

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 9 announcement
Date   Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:56:51 -0500

At 01:29 AM 4/4/2005 -0500, William Gould, Stata wrote:
We have a tradition of telling Statalist members about new releases of
Stata before anyone else, so here it is:

I am pleased to be the one to announce the release of Stata 9.
Something I don't believe has been asked yet: Are the file formats of Stata 8 and Stata 9 identical? I hope so. If not, somebody once proposed that the last update of an older version should include the ability to convert files from the new version. I think that is a very good idea.

* For searches and help try: