Rép. : st: how to format results of ttest?

From   "Herve STOLOWY" <stolowy@hec.fr>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Rép. : st: how to format results of ttest?
Date   Tue, 05 Apr 2005 16:12:04 +0200

Dear Cher:

I faced the same problem. After several postings and exchanges of e-mails, namely with Nick Cox, I reached the following solution:

foreach var of varlist interne comite_audit independant president {

makematrix c1, from(r(t) r(p)) label: ttest form_gestion, by(`var')
matrix colnames c1 =  " T-Test " "(Prob)"
mat2txt, matrix(c1) saving(stat_formation_metier_`var') title(`var') replace
}

With -mat2txt- (downloadable from SSC), I get a tab-delimited file which can be easily opened with Excel.

Best regards

Hervé Stolowy

Professeur/Professor
Coordinateur du Département/Head of Department
HEC Paris
Département Comptabilité Contrôle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
France
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86
stolowy@hec.fr
http://campus.hec.fr/profs/stolowy/perso/home.htm

>>> q.li@socsci.gla.ac.uk 04/04 3:19 pm >>>
Dear all,

I am conducting t-tests on dozens of variables (using 'ttest' command)
and would like to make a single table based on the output statistics
(mean, sd, se, obs, etc.).  I was trying to use 'estout' to format the
table; nevertheless, I could not 'estimates store', since there are
simply no estimates retuned after such a test (vis-à-vis those stored
post estimation).
Is there any other way to get around this problem?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Cher

Q. Cher Li
Department of Economics