st: Finite population correction when testing equality of two proportions

From   Fredrik Nyberg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Finite population correction when testing equality of two proportions
Date   Fri, 01 Apr 2005 21:41:01 +0200

Hi all Statalisters

I am wondering about testing two proportions in the following setting:
Infinite overall population size (for all practical purposes)
Sample 1 taken from overall population
Sample 2 subsampled from sample 1

Now I want to test if the estimated proportion having a=1 is significantly different in sample 2 compared to sample 1.
True proportion in overall population is unknown.

Since these are not two independent samples from the same overall population, I think I need to adjust the test by making a finite population correction somehow for sampling sample 2 from sample 1. Only I can't find any details on this nor a test that appears suitable in Stata.

Can anyone help?
What is the correct test?
Is there Stata-code available?

Regards,