st: seasonality

From   "kelly johnson" <>
Subject   st: seasonality
Date   Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:25:05 -0500

I am returning to stata after a hatus of a couple of years. I had two quick questions:

Suppose I am using a stream of time seies data for a single varible (Data, Variable1):

(1) suppose i wanted to generate a new varible that equale variable1 - the mean of varible1. how do i do this (without having to create a whole column with only the mean of variable1 in it)?

(2) is there an easy wasy to test for seasonality? in sas we have the proc x12 command? what's a quickand eqasy way to test for seasonality in data?

* For searches and help try: