Re: st: error message r(2000)

From   "louis boakye-yiadom" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: error message r(2000)
Date   Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:09:08 +0000

Roger, thanks. I didn't understand all your comments, but the -count- command was given from the command line after the do file had crushed. I just inserted the -count- command in the do file just before the error-generating command, and I had an error message -r(198)-.

Louis

From: Roger Harbord <[email protected]>

Are you running the -count- command inside the do-file which defines `varlist'? If not (e.g. you're running it from the command-line) then `varlist' will not be defined as it's local to the do-file, and missing() with no args is always true. If `varlist' contains >1 variable then missing(`varlist') shouldn't in fact work as missing() takes a comma-separated list not a varlist:

. local varlist price mpg rep78 headroom

. di "`varlist'"
price mpg rep78 headroom

. count if ~missing(`varlist')
pricempgrep78headroom not found
r(111);

. count if ~missing()
74

Roger.

--
Roger Harbord
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol