Re: st: error message r(2000)

From   Roger Harbord <>
Subject   Re: st: error message r(2000)
Date   Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:42:40 +0100

Are you running the -count- command inside the do-file which defines `varlist'? If not (e.g. you're running it from the command-line) then `varlist' will not be defined as it's local to the do-file, and missing() with no args is always true. If `varlist' contains >1 variable then missing(`varlist') shouldn't in fact work as missing() takes a comma-separated list not a varlist:

. local varlist price mpg rep78 headroom

. di "`varlist'"
price mpg rep78 headroom

. count if ~missing(`varlist')
pricempgrep78headroom not found

. count if ~missing()

Roger Harbord
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol