st: RE: Re: markov routine

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Re: markov routine
Date   Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:32:55 +0100

I guess you are referring to -markov- from SSC.
I am unclear on what you don't find helpful.

More importantly, my guess is that you want more from it
than it can possibly deliver. -markov- is an old program
from 1998 and doesn't for example support panel data,
which is crucial for most people who are tempted by it.

You should consider -xttrans- in official Stata
and then -xttrans2- on SSC.

Brigitte Granville