st: Re: Bar plots with standard errors

From   "Michael Blasnik" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: Bar plots with standard errors
Date   Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:37:27 -0500

-help standard error bar -

points you directly to serrbar as well as the ucla web site. I don't think
that your effort qualifies as looking thoroughly, so I guess we can blame
you ;)

Michael Blasnik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sascha Robert" <>
To: "STATA List" <>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:24 AM
Subject: st: Bar plots with standard errors

Hi again

This time I really can't blame me for not having looked thoroughly for a
solution, I consulted both STATA help (graph bar) and "A Visual Guide to
Stata Graphics" by M. Mitchell...

Is there a way to display standard errors in bar plots (e.g. with
something like 'twoway rcap hi low y_var')?
Here's a lousy sketch of what I mean:

   -  <-- (mean + se)
|  |  |
|  -  |   <-- (mean - se)