st: RE: Survival Analysis Issue

From   "Stephen P. Jenkins" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Survival Analysis Issue
Date   Tue, 29 Mar 2005 09:55:03 +0100

[But neither is it very pleasant for those who experience it.]

Natalja need not use -stset-. The set-up in her data evidently refers to
discrete-time rather than continuous time (which is the assumption made
by the -st- suite of commands). In the data shown the observation with
id==1 has a right-censored spell three years long that began in 1998.
She could look at the -discrete- entry in the [ST] Manual or, in more
gory detail, at the sections on discrete-time analysis in my Survival
Analysis manuscript and the associated Stata lessons (at
http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/teaching/degree/stephenj/ec968/).

Stephen
Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <[email protected]>
Institute for Social and Economic Research
University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, U.K.
Tel: +44 1206 873374.  Fax: +44 1206 873151.
http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk