st: Stata graphs exported to .pdf fails in Adobe readers

From   "Erik Ø. Sørensen" <erik.sorensen@nhh.no>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Stata graphs exported to .pdf fails in Adobe readers
Date   Sat, 26 Mar 2005 15:19:24 +0100

I have, for a long time, relied on exporting graphs from Stata as .eps files and then use "epstopdf" (from GhostScrip, I think) to convert the resulting eps-files to pdf-files, and then including the pdf-files in pdfLaTeX documents. Now this seems to fail. The pdf-files give a 109-error in Adobe products (PhotoShop 7, the latest Reader and Acrobat 5 on MacOsX). It looks ok in "preview" on macosx and prints ok from my computer.

This is an examples of a problematic file:
<http://homepage.mac.com/sameos/research/vys.pdf>
Can anyone confirm that it is corrupt?

It was produced by
<http://homepage.mac.com/sameos/research/vys.gph>
<http://homepage.mac.com/sameos/research/vys.eps>

(this is what it should look like)
<http://homepage.mac.com/sameos/research/vys.png>

--
Erik Ø. Sørensen, dept of Econ., Norwegian School of Economics
phone: (+47) 55959985 [office], <http:homepage.mac.com/sameos/research/>

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/