test: changing significance levels

From   "Yvonne Capstick" <>
Subject   test: changing significance levels
Date   Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:24:54 -0500

I apologize for such a simple question. I am using the "test" command to test for equality of coefficients under an F-test, having just performed a regression. Is there any way of either:

a) changing the command to test that one coefficient is greater than the other (i.e. specifiy a one-sided alternative hypothesis)
b) specifying a different signficance level than 5%. Unlike for other commands, an option ", sig" does not seem to be available for "test".

I've tried "help test" but it hasn't listed anything that can help.

* For searches and help try: