st: stats by group

From   Jeffrey Grogger <>
Subject   st: stats by group
Date   Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:13:25 -0600

This is embarrassing, but I can't figure out how to generate means of a list of variables broken down by group (two groups), such that the group means sit side-by-side. This almost works:

tabstat empq*,by(e) long col(stat) stat(mean)

except that the lists of group means sit on top of each other, which makes cross-group comparisons difficult. Any suggestions?

My apologies if you already received this. Not sure is the listserver is supposed to send me my own queries back...

* For searches and help try: