Re: st: Logistic regression for multiple binary dependent

From   "Stephen P. Jenkins" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Logistic regression for multiple binary dependent
Date   Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:06:05 -0000

>Hi list,
>In situations where we have a binary (0/1) dependent variable and it is
>well known to use logistic regression for the data analysis. However,
>have a study with three binary dependent variables and we are looking
>some statistical procedure to analyze them together.
>Any idea?
>Thanks in advance,

For analysis of multiple binary dependent variables, you can use
multivariate probit analysis: -findit mvprobit-.

The marginal distributions are assumed normal (rather than logit), and
there is an unrestricted correlation structure across equations

Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <>
Institute for Social and Economic Research
University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, U.K.
Tel: +44 1206 873374.  Fax: +44 1206 873151.