RE: st: compare zip and nbreg model

From   "Jun Xu" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: compare zip and nbreg model
Date   Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:03:47 -0600

Not sure if you might want to try bic or aic? For detail, see Scott and Freese's Stata book on this.

xj.

From: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: compare zip and nbreg model Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:32:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi, list users,

I want to compare the zip and nbreg models. Although I know both of them
could account for the over-dispersion and the "excess-zeros", I am not
sure which mechanism, the between-subject heterogeneity or the different
process fo zero & non-zero counts, actually result into the
over-dispersion and excess-zero.

Unfortunately, the Stata FAQ said there is no test of nonnested modesl to
compare the zip and nbreg. Can anybody give me suggestions regarding
this?

Besides, how to understand and use "inflate" in the zip model?

Thanks a lot.

Ying

*
* For searches and help try: