st: Accessing the number of changes made by a "replace" command

From   "David Fisher" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Accessing the number of changes made by a "replace" command
Date   Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:03:39 +0000

Hi all,
I am attempting to create a "while" loop that executes, amongst other things, a "replace" command on a particular variable. I would like this loop to continue until the "replace" command cannot make any more changes to the data. In order to do this I would like to be able to access the number of (real) changes made by the "replace" command, so that I can say something like "loop while (number of real changes)!=0". Is there a way to do this in Stata? I thought there might be an underscore variable that would do this, but I can't find one.
Thanks!
David Fisher.

*
* For searches and help try: