Re: st: Convergence not achieved in MLE Heckman

From   "Renzo Comolli" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Convergence not achieved in MLE Heckman
Date   Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:06:24 -0500

It would help greatly if you were to post the command exactly as you type
it.
According to the syntax you are using it may also help to see
. count if depvar>=.
Where depvar is your "main" dependent variable

When you say "the iteration log keeps showing "not concave" messages" for
how long do you mean? It is not infrequent to show "not concave" for several
iterations at the beginning and then the problems solves itself out.

General advice:
Start to fit a simpler model, and add back things one by one. Look if there
is one option, or one variable that causees things go wrong.

Renzo

----
*From   "Santos, Maria Emma" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Convergence not achieved in MLE Heckman
Date   Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:48:17 -0600

----

Dear Renzo,

Thank you for the advice. The problem is that after excluding iterate (0)
the
iteration log keeps showing "not concave" messages...

Maria.