Re: st: Honorary doctorate for William Gould

From   "Eric G. Wruck" <>
Subject   Re: st: Honorary doctorate for William Gould
Date   Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:32:45 -0500

Congratulations, Bill!

By the way, Statalisters, I recommend that you get your hands on Volume 5, No. 1 of the Stata Journal (the 20th anniversary issue) & you can learn more of Bill Gould and his accomplishments.

>Members of Statalist will be interested to
>learn that William Gould, President of StataCorp,
>is to be presented with a honorary doctorate
>by the University of Essex in July. The full details
>are at
>This is a tremendous honour for Bill, and
>one that those who have used Stata to good effect
>will feel is very richly deserved.
>Many congratulations, Bill!
>It is also, naturally, a most welcome recognition
>for StataCorp as a whole.
>Congratulations also to those at the University
>of Essex who brought this about. Essex is
>one of the leading research universities in
>Britain, with major strengths particularly
>in the social sciences. There is a large
>cluster of committed Stata users at Essex.
>Stephen Jenkins in particular has long
>evangelised for Stata both within the
>university and without, and contributed
>mightily to the user community with his own
>programs and expositions.

       Eric G. Wruck
       2535 Sherwood Road
       Columbus, OH  43209