RE: st: RE: the "score" command in factor analysis

Subject   RE: st: RE: the "score" command in factor analysis
Date   Thu, 17 Mar 2005 08:28:18 -0500

At 11:29 AM 3/17/2005 +0000, louis boakye-yiadom wrote:
Many thanks, Nick and Richard. I was simply giving the command "score", without specifying any variable names. One more question ... can you please point me to where I can get information about how "score" generates the estimates of the factors? This is because it appears the factor estimates are not simply linear combinations of the observed variables with the scoring coefficients. Thank you.

Louis
If you have the Stata 8 Reference Manual A-F, the methods and formulas are given on pp. 387-388. For scoring, it refers you to Harman 1976 Modern Factor Analysis and Lawley & Maxwell 1971 Factor Analysis as a Statistical Method.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]