Re: st: Svyset comman in a do file

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Svyset comman in a do file
Date   Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:18:35 -0500

At 10:00 AM 3/16/2005 +0100, Honorati Masanja wrote:
Dear stata-listers

I have a data set which I would like to save as survey dataset at the
end of my documentation. However when I run my do file which has this
command i.e.

svyset, strata(district) psu(cluster)

Stata reports an error : invalid syntax  r(198);

However when I run svyset  from the command window, I do not get any
problems. Where am I going wrong?.

Please help
Are you sure it is the -svyset- command that is causing the error? If you are using the -run- command, you might try using -do- instead, as -do- will echo the commands back to you.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu