Re: st: Apologies for request

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Apologies for request
Date   Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:34:14 -0800 (PST)

Scott,

I want to second both Mark and Nicks comment that you
need to consult a book on Statistic and if possible a
statistician at the University. I also want to add
that there must be Stata manuals at the University's
library or in the department of statistics. That said,
the manuals will inform you on how to use the commands
and teach you something about the methods, but their
dept do not match the knowledge that you will requirer
to defend your dissertation. You are going to have to
do some home work on this.

In addition, you say this is for your dissertation but
yet you write "my work is to finished very soon". I
would be very concern about doing something for my
dissertation at the last minute which I did not fully
understand. It may be difficult to defend to your
committee. (Please do not take offense, is just my
thought).

Regards,
Ricardo.