Re: st: re: inserting GE sign

From   Ron�n Conroy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: re: inserting GE sign
Date   Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:48:47 +0000

Kit Baum wrote:

The last phrase is the key: it appears quite straightforward in Mac OS
X, using the Character Palette:

twoway qfitci mpg weight, stdf text(35 2040 "this * that", place(e))

works just fine, where the * is replaced by that character. If I leave
that character in the email message, Statalist refuses to accept the
message (I have tried twice), but take my word for it, there is such a
character available in Stata's default font.

There are a couple of <alt>-character combinations well worth knowing

- "<" or ">" symbols produces GE or LE symbols
- "/" gives the division sign
- zero gives the degrees sign
- 9 produces a bullet
- with the hyphen, if produces an en dash (and <shift><alt>dash gets you an em dash) which are very useful in text like "25% - 49%"

And a little experimentation confirms that Stata on OS X has a full character set at its disposal (and it would have surprised me if it hadn't), so the only thing between you an an elegant graph is...

... but no, I won't say it.

(... is <alt>;)

--

Ronan M Conroy ([email protected]) Senior Lecturer in Biostatistics Royal College of Surgeons Dublin 2, Ireland +353 1 402 2431 (fax 2764) -------------------- Just say no to drug reps http://www.nofreelunch.org/

they are addressed.
originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of The Royal College Of Surgeons in Ireland.

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/