RE: st: Hardy-Weinberg for multiallelic loci

From   "Doody, David R" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Hardy-Weinberg for multiallelic loci
Date   Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:11:15 -0800

Thank you for the replies to my question.  To clarify, I'm looking to
calculate a p-value from the exact test, as I have some small cell counts.
It appears (from reading documentation) as though SAS will do this with the
PROC ALLELE command, but we don't have the SAS/GENETICS module, so I can't
confirm that.  I was hoping a similar command had been written in Stata, but
I may have to continue to cut and paste Stata output into other programs to
perform these tests.  No big deal...

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Cleves, Mario A [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: Hardy-Weinberg for multiallelic loci

David,

Neil is correct. -genhw- works for multiallelic loci.
For multiallelic loci it performs an asymptotic test so it may not perform
well with sparse data. See Cleves M., Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium test &
allelle frequency estimation STB-48 sg110,3/99 (STB Reprints Vol 8, pages
280--284) for more details.

Make sure that you install the latest copy of the program from my website
"www.biostat-resources.com/stata".

Regards,
Mario.

Mario A. Cleves, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Senior Biostatistician Department of Pediatrics UAMS
College of Medicine Arkansas Center for Birth Defects Research and
Prevention
11219 Financial Centre Parkway, Suite 250 Little Rock, AR� 72211
Telephone: 501-364-5001
Fax: 501-364-5107
Email: [email protected]