st: Re: estimating related models

From   Ricardo Gon�alves Silva <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: estimating related models
Date   Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:03:22 -0300

Dear Rich

A few time ago I used sureg in a very similar study.
I believe --sureg-- is exactly what you need to get joint estimates (validation) of your models..

Cheers

Rick
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Goldstein" <[email protected]>
To: "statalist" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:40 PM
Subject: st: estimating related models

I will soon be estimating two regression models that look, in simplified form, as follows:

heart rate = f(systolic blood pressure, systolic diameter)

sympathetic nerve activity = f(diastolic blood pressure, diastolic diameter)

Since the two types of blood pressure are clearly related to each other, these appear to be related models.

I have done a little reading about sureg and that might fit (the relationship through the predictors might result in a relationship of the residuals), but I'm not familiar with this type of estimation so I'm not sure and am requesting advice from others on the list.

Also, any other advice about estimating these models to account for the relationship across the predictors would be welcome.

Thanks,

Rich Goldstein

*
* For searches and help try: