st: RE: Running stata from Excel : why not you can with SAS

From   "Haas, Roy W" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Running stata from Excel : why not you can with SAS
Date   Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:33:48 -0600

Be sure you have read the FAQ info at

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/newexcel.html

although I understand you are looking for more.

I use Stat/Transfer routinely to create Stata datasets from Excel
spreadsheets, or to create spreadsheets for email from Stata datasets.
It works quite nicely. I also find the dialog version of common Stata
commands useful when dealing with people who are not very conversant
with Stata syntax.

Roy W. Haas, Ph.D.
Department of Medicine
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78229
(201) 567-9272