Re: st: RE: CLass type

From   Fernando Augusto Proietti <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: CLass type
Date   Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:57:18 -0300

Thank you to Thomas and Nick.
A "killing"period (.) was responsible for the error Class Type message.

Fernando

"Steichen, Thomas J." wrote:

> Fernando Augusto Proietti writes:
> > I am kind of new to Stata, and have the following question:
> >
> > I wrote a do file. When I try to run it, I am getting a
> > message that "class type not specified". I can not figure out
> > in the manuals, what a class type is.
>
> It would be my guess that Stata is (incorrectly) interpreting
> a mistake in your do file as a class type specifier.
> Most likely you have something in your file of the form:
>
>      .xxx.yyy
>
> If so, Stata will think this is a class specifier.
>
> You can read about classes in the [P] manual under entry "class".
>
> Most likely, though, you do not want or need a class specifier.
> If you need help in debugging your do file, include a copy of it
> in another message along with the error messages and a description
> of what you are trying to do and perhaps we can help you.
>
> Tom

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any  attachment(s),
> contains information that may be confidential,  protected by the attorney-
> client or other legal privileges, and/or  proprietary non-public
> information.  If you are not an intended  recipient of this message or an
> authorized assistant to an intended  recipient, please notify the sender by
> replying to this message and  then delete it from your system.  Use,
> dissemination, distribution,  or reproduction of this message and/or any of
> its attachments (if  any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and
> may be unlawful.

begin:vcard
n:Proietti;Fernando
tel;fax:55-31-3248-9675
tel;work:55-31-3248-9949 / 3248-9102
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Dep de Medicina Preventiva e Social - UFMG
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
title:Professor Adjunto - Epidemiologia
adr;quoted-printable:;;Faculdade de Medicina - UFMG=0D=0AAv Prof Alfredo Balena, 190;Belo Horizonte;Minas Gerais;30130-100;Brasil
x-mozilla-cpt:;17392
fn:Fernando  Proietti
end:vcard