Re: st: stata code for gary king's ecological inference method?

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: stata code for gary king's ecological inference method?
Date   Sun, 06 Mar 2005 10:25:59 -0500

I am not an expert on King's method, or on ecological inference in general.

However, I think that the following citation may be of interest:

McCue, KF (2001), "The Statistical Foundations of the EI Method", _The American Statistician_, 55: 106-110. Here is a quote of part of the abstract: "This article shows that EI is in fact an application of the standard statistical theory of prediction...." The point is that you MAY not need special code.

Rich Goldstein

Reardon, Sean F. wrote:

hi all, long shot here, but has anyone implemented gary king's ecological
inference method in stata? -findit gary king- and -findit ecological-
turn up nothing on this, but i thought it worth asking before i download
his software and figure out how to use it.

thanks,
sean.

_____________________________
sean f. reardon
associate professor of education and (by courtesy) sociology
school of education
485 lasuen mall, #315
stanford university
stanford, ca 94305-3096