st: Using -translate- to create PDF of .hlp file (Modified by Michael S. Hanson)

From   "Michael S. Hanson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Using -translate- to create PDF of .hlp file (Modified by Michael S. Hanson)
Date   Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:11:53 -0500

.
Argh! First line truncated on previous message.... Resending...

I recently stumbled upon the following files that are nicely formatted PDFs of the help document for -outreg-:

<http://www.la.utexas.edu/~jteigen/outreg.pdf>
<http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/researchcomputing/docs/ outreg.pdf>

I'm fairly certain that these files were created from within Stata, but I'm not having much luck replicating them. The following command "works", in the sense that I do get a PDF of the help file (note that I am working with Stata 8.2 on Mac OS X, which allows the direct creation of a PDF according to -whelp translate-):

translate "~/Documents/ado/plus/o/outreg.hlp" outreg.pdf, trans(Viewer2pdf)

but this command yields a file without the rich formating of the above examples. (The second linked example above appears to be for an older version of -outreg-, but I prefer the layout and organization of it -- plus the fonts in the first linked example don't render quite right for me.)

Any suggestions? -translator query Viewer2pdf- didn't turn up anything that seemed appropriate to this issue, AFAICT. Thanks.

-- Mike

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/