st: Pesaran test for cross section dependence in panels [was: Help in Programing]

From   "Scott Merryman" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Pesaran test for cross section dependence in panels [was: Help in Programing]
Date   Sat, 5 Mar 2005 09:23:05 -0600

The error statement is telling you need to change the line "estimates
hold..." to "_estimates hold..."

But there is a much more fundamental problem.  -bpagen- is the Breusch-Pagan
(1979) Lagrange multiplier test for heteroskedasticity, not the
Breusch-Pagan (1980) LM test for cross-sectional correlation in fixed
effects model

You should take a look at -xttest2-.

Hope this helps,

Breusch, T. & Pagan, A. (1979), "A simple test of heteroskedasticity
and random coefficient variation", Econometrica 47.

Breusch T. & Pagan, A. (1980), "The LM test and its Applications to Model
Specification in Econometrics", Review of Economic Studies, 47.