st: Interpreting fixed effects estimates in STATA

From   "A Saied, Social Science 01" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Interpreting fixed effects estimates in STATA
Date   Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:38:08 -0000

Hi there,

I'm trying to use STATA to judge how 3 variables affect the growthrate over
time. I've managed to get fixed effects estimates but am concernced about
the interpretation.

Are the country specific fixed effects included in the constant term?

Also, my data are "high-quality" according to many journals (they adhere to
strict measurement criteria) yet my estimates are all insignificant. I have
checked for multicollinearity and heteroskedasticity but these are not the
problem. Could you think what the problem could be?

Thank you-I appreciate any help when it comes to STATA,
Aliya Saied

A Saied, Social Science 01