Re: st: Fewer independent variables when using -mfx-

From   May Boggess <mboggess@stata.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Fewer independent variables when using -mfx-
Date   03 Mar 2005 15:59:04 -0600

On Thursday, Le Wang wrote:

> I want to use -mfx- to calculate marginal effects of few independent
> variables after estimating multinomial logit model. I notice there is
> a FAQ post saying this can be done by specifying the option "varlist".
> However, when I used this option, STATA says this option is not
> allowed.

Le needs to update his Stata. Type

 update query

on the command line in Stata when the computer is linked to the
internet. Then follow the instructions, which will probably be

 update all

followed by

 update swap

which shuts down and starts Stata. Then type

 whelp whatsnew

to see what is now. Search for -mfx- to see the description about what
is new for -mfx-. Also type

 whelp mfx

to see its new help file.

 --May