Re: st: Presenting Stata graphs in Word/PowerPoint doucuments

From   "Eric G. Wruck" <>
Subject   Re: st: Presenting Stata graphs in Word/PowerPoint doucuments
Date   Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:03:59 -0500

Granted I'm on a Mac OS X G4 machine, but this is what I do with great success:

Save the Stata graph as a .png file (Portable Network Graphics)

In Word, I select Insert-->Picture-->From File.

After selecting the file, the graph is in the Word document & prints just fine.  It should work similarly (non?) on a Windows machine.

Good luck.

>Hi listers,
>Thanks to Mitchell's great book, I have made a lot of nice Stata graphs at home today. However, having read all the advice I could get in the Statalist Archives and using -findit-, I still have not come up with a sollotion that let me see my Stata graphs within a Word or PP document. I have tried everything from a simple copy-past to saving the graphs in all the availebla formats.
>I use Windows XP (at home); maybe it wil work om my office Windows 2000 tomorrow?
>In the meantime, any advice is appreciated.

       Eric G. Wruck
       2535 Sherwood Road
       Columbus, OH  43209

       home:    614.237.6511