Re: st: RE: Help again

From   Robin Newberry <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Help again
Date   Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:48:48 -0500

This is no way to guess given the little you told us...

First, are the records in the exported comma-delimited file?
Yep - they are there in the csv, not in Stata

I said: -insheet using "/Users/wnewber/Desktop/EXPORT.csv", comma-

and Stata replied: "(3965 vars, 2003 obs)"

Third, if you show us some sample records and the Stata command
you used to import the records, we have a chance to help you.

Whoosh, they are big suckers - almost 4000 variables per record. Maxvar is set at 10000 (just to be safe) and memory 500m.

Each record begins with "CLEMSON U", and that's the only time it appears in a record - is there a way to import the data telling Stata to start a new record every time it sees "CLEMSON U"? (In fact, I opened the data in Word and did a count of the number of "CLEMSON U"s and there were 4108 of those. I replaced all the carriage returns and saved the file as a csv again and re-imorted it and got the same result.)
--
Robin
W. Robert Newberry, IV CIH, CHMM

[email protected] [email protected]