st: Help again

From   Robin Newberry <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Help again
Date   Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:20:05 -0500

Thanks for helping out the new kid on the block and I much appreciate
your patience, but now I've encountered something that's just damned
odd.

While converting the years from 2 to 4 integers I noticed a
disturbing lack of "03"s. I went back and checked the original data
(both in a text editor and in Excel (the whole dataset won't load
into Excel (it has a limit of 200 variable, IIRC)) and sure enough,
there's a nice chunk of "03"s in the right place. There's just a
large swath of records that aren't importing into Stata, and all
happen to be in the "03" year.

So I re-export the data from the kludgy old program (to a comma
delimited file) and re-import the data into Stata/SE. Again, an
alarming "03" deficiency. Any ideas what might be happening to these
records?
--
Robin
W. Robert Newberry, IV CIH, CHMM