st: RE: Multiple Imputation

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Multiple Imputation
Date   Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:48:31 -0000

This shows how dangerous it is to make changes to a program
if you don't understand the consequences of what you are
doing. By making the change you did you made -mvis- call
itself. This is not automatically wrong in general but it is quite
wrong in this particular case. Your original call specified -m()-
but your internal call did not, hence the error message, although
it is not the message.

The root of the problem, I guess, is that you installed only some
of the files you need. Somehow, you did not install _mvis.ado.
Perhaps you missed other files.

I recommend that you go back and reinstall the package. The
best way to do that is probably to take the version on SSC:

. ssc inst mice, replace

Then try again. You should not need to contact Patrick Royston
for support.