st: RE: comments about relogi

From   Leonelo Bautista <>
Subject   st: RE: comments about relogi
Date   Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:58:12 -0600

Regardless of what -relogit- does, with only two cases I don't think you
have enough data to use any form of regression analysis.

Leonelo Bautista

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:25 AM
Subject: st: comments about relogi

Hi list,

I have a cross-sectional study where the prevalence of the disease under
study is 0.5% (2/600). Logistic regression is applied to estimates
associations for potential risk factors in these kind of studies. However
due to the low prevalence maybe logistic regression is not appropiate. I
have found a logistic regression for rare events data developed by Gary
King and I would like to know if somebody had some experience or comments
abouth this procedure. This kind of regression analysis may be performed in
Stata with the command relogit (, see
Relogi: Rare Events Logistic Regression).

Thanks in advance,