st: RE: comments about relogi

From   Leonelo Bautista <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: comments about relogi
Date   Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:58:12 -0600

Regardless of what -relogit- does, with only two cases I don't think you
have enough data to use any form of regression analysis.

Leonelo Bautista

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
[email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:25 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: comments about relogi

Hi list,

I have a cross-sectional study where the prevalence of the disease under
study is 0.5% (2/600). Logistic regression is applied to estimates
associations for potential risk factors in these kind of studies. However
due to the low prevalence maybe logistic regression is not appropiate. I
have found a logistic regression for rare events data developed by Gary
King and I would like to know if somebody had some experience or comments
abouth this procedure. This kind of regression analysis may be performed in
Stata with the command relogit (http://gking.harvard.edu/stats.shtml, see
Relogi: Rare Events Logistic Regression).

Thanks in advance,

/Christian