Re: st: Reshaping Data Set

From   Seb Buechte <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Reshaping Data Set
Date   Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:38:17 +0100

The command is reshape see-> -  whelp reshape -

But if that what you have pasted is your true dataset then only the
first observation within each group contains the group number, which
makes it a bit difficult. First, I would fill up the missing HH
identifier. You could do it in this way (which will ONLY work if your
dataset looks EXACTLY the way you posted it!).

// Filling up the missing HH (works
replace HH=HH[_n-1] if missing(HH[_n])

// reshaping the dataset to wide
reshape wide Income,  i(HH) j(Code)

/* gives you the following (period indicates missing value, assuming
Income is numeric):
HH      Income1      Income2       Income3    Income4
1           1000              500            100             .
2            900                 .                 .            300
3            800               300             500          400
*/

// It looks like you want the missings created during the reshape to
be replaced by ZEROs
// so:
foreach var of varlist Income* {
     replace `var'=0 if `var'==.