st: A Question on Panel Data

From   Ricardo Gonçalves Silva <>
To   "Stata" <>
Subject   st: A Question on Panel Data
Date   Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:38:36 -0300

Dear Stata users

My question concerns on panel data estimation. I have cross section of 124 countries observed over 19 to 33 years. Additionally, I suspect my dependent variable is heterosckedastic (income growth rate) and correlated with one independent variable (the income level) and a time-trend. Finally, I want to get specific country effects. In this way, my model is something like that:

gr_y = x1 time i.idd

The question is: what estimation procedure should I use. In my view, the basic ones are xtgls or xtpcse. I know that xtgls are asymptotic in panels, and xtpcse are asymptotic in years. So, given my setup, the direct choose would be xtgls. But I also know that the Standard Deviations of FGLS are too optimistic.

So, the question remains? What one?

Any help will be very appreciated.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

* For searches and help try: